Wednesday, March 6, 2013

kissing girls


Hello family-

Melvin is getting married! The video was so cool. It was so perfect. And they look so happy. I'm so excited for them.

The video really was very cool. I'm sure Melvin and Maggie loved it. Wow I still just can't believe I watched him kissing a girl and stuff like that let alone kneeling down and proposing.

Well, I'm feeling much better than last week. The weather is rainy and my companion is sick but life is good. I can't wait to come home. The other day we were on our way coming home from my last district meeting. It still doesn't really feel like I'm really coming home but every time I come to a "last" it becomes a bit more real. I'm really excited to come home and I can feel myself starting to move on but I feel good about it. I'm not done yet and I've still got two weeks of good work left in me, but looking back I can honestly say that I've been trying and working and giving my best for two years. I wasn't always the best but I worked at it and I improved and I never really stopped. And I think it's because of that that I can start to move on with peace of mind. The end has come and I while there are lots of things I love here I don't feel like I'm leaving things undone. I feel satisfied and it's a good feeling. I'm ready for what's next.

Speaking of what's next marriage seems to be coming up constantly. I don't know if I've just started noticing it or if people are really talking about it more but I feel like I hear about it all the time. Last night was probably the best. I was on a split with the stake patriarch, who is such an amazing guy, and he ended up telling me all about how he met his wife and what he thought were important things in finding a wife. It was so fun and funny.

I feel like I don't have that much to say. We're teaching a guy who stopped us on the street. He's a Buddhist and pretty funny. He came to church on Sunday and when they asked him to introduce himself in priesthood meeting he said his name and then said "and I'm a mystic."

Life is good. I'm not going to die. I can't wait to see you again.

Love, Ben

OK, in an effort to try and share something slightly meaningful I'll tell you about my latest scripture studying. I got a new copy of the Book of Mormon and I've been specifically studying the atonement. I've heard of people doing this before and I'm amazed at how good it is. It's nice because I don't worry about writing too much in the copy because that's all I'm using it for and I've been amazed at how much I've learned. Confirming once again that I learn by writing.

OK, all done. Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment