Wednesday, February 20, 2013

five million views

Hello dear family-

Has anyone seen my birthday video? It's practically the coolest thing that has happened ever. I've already watched it twice and I'll probably watch it a million more times before I get off the computer.

I'm pleased to report that I am now the proud holder of an Italian library card. There's this really cool new library in our area and we were trying to organize an exhibit here but we couldn't because they aren't allowed to do religious stuff. Anyway, now that we have library cards though we can use the internet here and it's so nice to have a computer with a keyboard that works. I feel like I'm back in my natural environment in a library.

So before I forget mother-of-the-year, thanks for signing me up for classes I just had a few thoughts. First you said I could do 3 of the 4 right? I would probably not do the aeronautics one. The other ones sound really cool though. Although if there was a statistics for economics instead of engineers that might be better. Also could you see if Brother Swift is teaching Book of Mormon. That's who I had before and he was so good. Oh you're the best, did you know that? Thanks for the blog post too. It was so nice. I guess I did make you a mother didn't I? That's a title I'll proudly take. I felt a little bad though that you remembered me as the critic son. I've realized more and more lately that I just have lots of ideas about how to do stuff but that doesn't mean everybody wants to hear them. I'm trying to be less critical. I'm trying to be less critical of myself too though so I'm trying to not give myself too hard a time about being critical. I remember right before I left you told me that I would need to be patient with myself. You weren't worried about me learning another language or working hard but you said the biggest challenge would be being patient. Well you were right.

There are so many times as a missionary when I just feel so not good enough. I feel totally inadequate and not up to the challenge but then I try anyway and looking back I've done some good stuff. Nothing strengthens my faith in Christ more than looking back after stuff is over. Oftentimes I don't see His help in the moment but looking back especially over the last two years it's obvious how the Lord has lifted me up and walked with me through hard stuff. I really believe that He has helped me.

This week has been good. We're already to the funny transition between winter and spring. It gets warm and then it snows and then it gets warm again. Right now the sun is shining and it's a nice day but people have been saying that it's going to snow later in the week.

Life is good and I'm happy. I can't believe that I'll only be writing a few more letters. I have to admit though that I feel surprisingly normal. I'm love working with Anz. Eveson and now that transfers are over I'm right back into the grind of the work. I don't know if I'm really going home or if it's just a dream in the future.

Speaking of going home I don't know if I'm actually going to come home. Someone this week told me that Obama had banned Nutella. I don't think he can really do that but I heard it from more than one witness. Please give me a decisive response because my return home depends on the response and I should let the mission office know if they need to cancel my ticket.

Other big news here is that the Pope is resigning. Everybody is talking about it and it's been nice for us because so many people want to talk about it.

Well I love you lots. I'm off to go watch my video five million more times.

Write me good letters next week. And Stefan you sure do know how to leave a cliff hanger. Just don't forget to finish the story next week.

Love, Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment